Appendix: Resources and References
This is a quick look at these energy centres, or energetic organs. I include their Sanskrit names in honour of the beautiful ancient teachings of yoga and the magical language of Sanskrit but please don’t worry about needing to know how to pronounce their names in Sanskrit; just enjoy their beautiful names and relate to the chakras in the terms you understand best.
The Earthly Chakras
Our first three chakras, from the base of the spine to the solar plexus are our chakras related with matters of our Earthly life, while the upper three chakras relate to matters of our spiritual life. The Heart Chakra being the bridge between the Earthy and Spiritual worlds, but of course our heart is the great connecter!
- First Chakra: Root Chakra or Base Chakra called Muladhara is located at the base of our spine. It is our connection to the earth, our family, our tribe, relates to all of our basic needs of security and stability. When this chakra is in balance we feel safe, and free of fear
- Second Chakra: The sacral chakra called Svadhistha- na is located between the pubic bone and just below the bellybutton. It relates to our sexuality, our sensuality. Our creativity chakra is our creativity and sexual centre. When this chakra is in balance we will feel alive, creative and free to really enjoy things like tastes, and touch, fragrance, visual beauty and music.
- Third Chakra: The solar plexus chakra is called Manipura chakra. It is located between our bellybutton and breastbone. It is also that place when you feel your gut sending you a message. I spoke of it previously as our personal power centre, relating to our self-esteem and will power. When this chakra is in balance we will feel like we have sufficient self-esteem in our life and a will to move forward in our lives.
- Fourth Chakra: The Heart Chakra called Anahata chakra is located at the heart center. It is the bridge between the energies of the Earthly chakras and Spiritual chakras connecting the upper and lower chakras. It is the place we relate to matters of the heart, love, forgiveness, compassion and connection. When this chakra is in balance we will feel ourselves give and receive love freely.
The Spiritual Chakras
- Fifth Chakra: Throat chakra called Vishuddha chakra is located at throat centre and connects us to our voice—to our sound, our song and all of the beautiful words that come out of our mouths. This is the place we speak our truth. When this chakra is in balance we will feel at ease speaking our truth in ways of respect. will feel at ease speaking our truth in ways of respect
- Sixth Chakra: The third eye chakra called Ajna chakra, is located in the space between our eyebrows. It is where we relate to our intuition. We have our physical eyes and our spiritual eye. When this chakra is in balance we will see more clearly the bigger picture in our lives.
- Seventh Chakra: The crown chakra is called Sahaswara chakra or the “thousand petal lotus” chakra. This is where we connect to our higher self, to enlightenment and spiritual connection to all that is, creator, the di- vine. It is located at the crown of our head.Note: The Heart Chakra has residence in both the Earthly realms and the Spiritual realms.
Resources and References
Reach Yoga Lifestyle Website and link to join our online community. www.reachyogalifestyle.ca
The Eight Sacred Responsibilites ORDER
Consciousness VOL 1. Consciousness and Multidimen- sionality, and The Evolving Human, by Penny Kelly
Warrior Goddess Training, by Heather Ash Amara
My Camino and How to Wear Bare Feet, by Sue Kenney
Andrea Gutsche RPQ (Incredible resources on our Unconscious Mind, a must read!) www.andreagutsche.ca
Penny Kelly www.consciousnessonfire.com
Sue Kenney www.suekenney.ca
Kassia Gooding Holistic Nutrition www.kassiagooding.com
Barbara Marx Hubbard www.barbaramarxhubbard.com
Jean Huston www.jeanhouston.com
Ellen Eatough www.extatica.com
Heart Math www.heartmath.com
The Alignment Project www.thealignmentproject.ca
The National Institute For Play www.nifplay.org
Ubiquity University www.ubiquityuniversity.org
Fiery and Fabulous Male Mentorship
Nassim Haramein Director of Research www.academy.resonance.is
Bruce Lipton www.brucelipton.com
Wim Hof www.wimhofmethod.com
Changing From the Inside Out
Dr. Joe Dispenza www.drjoedispenza.com
Kyle Cease www.kylecease.com
“Heart Math Article” in its entirety, a must read! www.heartmath.com/science/
“Ordinary People Focus on the Outcome, Extraordinary People focus on the Process.”: https://medium.com/the-ascent/ordinary-people-focus-on-the-outcome-extraordinary-people-focus-on-the-process-6d9a0888df01